Sunday, August 30, 2009

Soon to be Employed Again

On Friday a job offer came in from an employer in Iowa that Kristy and I had been anxiously awaiting. It was a good offer and we accepted it. So we'll be relocating to Iowa shortly. We're not sure of any of the specifics other than that I'll be starting work there by Oct 1st so we need to find a place to live there and hence sell our home here.

Meanwhile I'll be gone for two weeks teaching actuarial seminars this month, leaving Kristy and the kids to hold down (and try to sell) the fort. And we need to find a house out in Iowa. So it is going to take a full-court press to get everything done in the next four weeks.

In the last four weeks or so weeks we've been doing a bunch of playing and work

It's been hot recently so we have busted out the popsicles.
Emily was introduced to the game "Trouble".

I'm not sure what David is doing here with the minivan and the jump rope.

We've had some outside dinners when the weather is nice.

And we've been to the neighbor's pools a few times.
Then there has been the working projects.
Here is me installing a new light fixture.
Kristy and I putting in landscaping borders in a precise, pretty curviture.

Digging out an old concrete slab.

And the final view of all that work on the back yard/deck area:





















4 comments:

  1. *sniff* I hate that you are leaving :( but I am glad there is a good job waiting for you... don't forget us k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! If you need babysitting to have work on your house time, gimme a call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah for a job!! But good luck surviving selling a house, and moving, moving is never easy or fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete