On Friday we drove to northern Iowa to pick out our sheep from Red Barn Katahdins. I was too busy taking notes and asking questions so I only took a couple of pictures. Here are some Mommas still in their winter pens. They'll be going out to pasture this week.
Jonathan holding the baby while we pick out the ewe lambs. They were so tiny and cute.

These were the final ewe lambs we were deciding between. We chose the black, the brown and 3 of the 4 four whites in the picture. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the ram lamb, but he is a tan color. He is the son of the top ranking Katahdin ram in the U.S. so he will hopefully give us some great babies. He had good conformation, great stats, and he seemed the most confident of the 10 or so we were deciding between. He was obviously the leader of the group. Jonathan was proud that we were getting a manly man for our ram.
No comments:
Post a Comment