So imagine my chagrin when this morning she comes into my room saying, "So Mom, if I stay home can I practice writing sentences on the computer?" "No" "How about if I study at the counter?" "No. Isabelle, you aren't sick. You're not staying home." "But I'll sit on the couch or stay in my room Mom!" "Isabelle, I thought you liked school. Why don't you want to go?" "Because I don't like waiting for the bus after school. We have to stay in line and we can't even play. It's soooo boring Mom. Why can't you pick me up after school like my friend's Mom does? The bus is boring too Mom. I don't like riding the bus anymore." Um, yeah. She is the last stop before school and the first stop after school. She is on the bus all of two minutes. I tried to explain about how I had to take the city bus from school and wait a half hour for it to come. And then it was a 20 minute bus ride, followed by a 20 minute walk up a hill to our house. It didn't work. I suppose invalidating her concerns wasn't the way to go about it, but I definately think we need to work on entitlement issues with Isabelle. Honestly, I'm glad that she likes her family and home enough that she wants to be with us, but how do you teach a kid that boredom is just part of life sometimes?
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago
that pic of isabelle and miri is so cute! Let me know if you figure it out:)
ReplyDeleteHmmm... that's sounds very familiar. Marian doesn't like school because they make her do things she doesn't feel like doing. And she asks me every day to drive her to school. Her school is seriously under 2 miles away. I tell ya, do it once and regret it forever!
ReplyDelete