For those who aren't on Facebook, I thought I would do double duty and copy my 25 Random things onto my blog.
1. Right now, I have no voice. Everytime I get a head cold I lose my voice for 3-6 days. Sometimes my kids conveniently "can't hear" me.
2. You know how some people like rear ends, or breasts, or legs. Well, I like brains. I love my husband for his brain. I just want to pick it all the time because he always has some amazing insight that I never thought of. Sometimes I think he wishes I wanted him for his body, but I think I'll always be more into brains.
3. Some of my favorite gifts I've received have been power tools.
4. I have 4 kids. I want more. I *love* kids. However, I *hate* being pregnant. I have awful pregnancies that involve lots of throwing up, pneumonia, and difficulty walking. Adoption? Unfortunately, I'm also fertile as a bunny. It takes two forms of birth control for me. Do you think I actually planned to have my kids so close together? Um, no. I guess it's a good thing I want so many kids.
5. My husband and I met in a ballroom dance class in college (BYU). It was a hobby for both of us. We love dancing and competed together in college. We even taught free classes at our local community center for a couple of years. By the way, foxtrot is my favorite.
6. I'm addicted to Excel. I think spreadsheets are the answer to all of life's questions.
7. I have long hair not by choice, but by default. a) I never get around to getting my hair cut, b) I have no idea how to do short hair, and c) I'm afraid -- the one time I got my hair cut short, the stylist totally messed it up.
8. Favorite sweets - Ice cream, mint hot cocoa, dark chocolate, milk chocolate w/ almonds from Trader Joe's.
9. The only TV show I have watched in the past two years is So You Think You Can Dance. But I do like to watch movies.
10. I read a lot of books. My favorite section in the library is the Teen Room, although I'm also known to visit the middle school age books (for me, not for my kids).
11. I cannot spend money if I know I can buy the same thing cheaper elsewhere. Ex. my husband received a gift card to a local mall from his boss 2 yrs ago. Twice we have gone on a "date" to spend the money frivolously. Once we looked at the prices, we couldn't bring ourselves to do it.
12. I love eating dinner outside in summer.
13. I'm known as the "cold one" in my family because I'm too analytical and don't show enough emotion.
14. My husband makes me homemade pizza every weekend because I'm addicted to it.
15. I really want one of my kids to have eyes like mine (blue or green or gray or something other than brown). Unfortunately, my husband does not seem to have a recessive gene so I comfort myself knowing that chances are I'll have at least one grandchild with non-brown eyes.
16. My kids ask me, "Mom, why are you always on the computer?" see #6.
17. My husband says I roll my eyes at him a lot (I say that's because he's always making salacious comments).
18. In college I broke my back. Shattered off 1/4 of the L1 vertebrae on Halloween... playing "Crack the Egg" on a trampoline. Then I walked around for three days with bone spurs stuck in my spinal cord because I thought I had just pulled a muscle or something. Oops. Glad I'm not paralyzed.
19. I get the winter blues and use a "light box" to help me feel better. I also don't like being cold. My husband has accepted that utility bills will be high in winter.
20. I still play Age of Empires II: Conquerer's Edition, a computer game I got years ago. I also do Kakuro and Logic puzzles for fun. My husband thinks I'm crazy.
21. I like Newegg and Amazon.22. We celebrate Pie Day every year because we love math. You know... 3.14 March 14th. You mean you didn't know? Let me guess, you don't know what an Actuary is either.
23. I have a love/hate relationship with my metabolism. It's fast. Very fast. Love being thin. Hate forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry so that I can be pregnant/nurse my baby without feeling faint and weak all of the time.
24. I went natural for my last baby delivery and did a water birth. It was an amazing experience.
25. Whenever a good song starts playing, I can't sit still. I must get up and start dancing, usually in the kitchen. I sing too. My family doesn't even notice any more it's such a common occurrence. Occasionally, my kids will join me and we dance together in the family room.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago
Kristy- I love your random things! I thought I knew you pretty well, but I was amazed at how much I learned! You are a pretty cool person you know.
ReplyDelete