While my sister and her family were here, we went to quite a few different parks and museums. We also had lots of fun lazing around the house.

One of my personal favorite was playing tag with Joseph and Isabelle at Addison park (we couldn't touch the ground).

At the Little Red Library, the kids got a lesson in old time card catalogs.

My cutie girls!

The kids were often asking what chores they could do around the house to earn screen time.

Emily loved all of the attention she got from her cousins and from Uncle Rod.

We celebrated Shauna's birthday while she was here. This is her peach cobbler cake.

Cooking became a fun event with so many people in the house. One evening I decided to experiment with chocolate chip cookie recipes. They loved helping to sift the flour and taste-test the different recipes.

" Take that, you evil bad guy(that's me). I'll save princess Emily!"

Although David is the one with the maniacal evil grin.

Isabelle, Joseph, and I ran over to the Science Fair at Isabelle's school.

We watched General Conference in style.

The fish didn't seem to biting very well at the Lutz Museum.

There was a lot of reading going on, but I have to say this is one of the more creative ways I've seen of reading a book.

One morning we built a cool fort for Diego.

Monterey got really good a swinging the kids in the tire swing. It was a good thing no one was sick by that point in time. (The flu swept through the house the first week they were here).

One time, the kids were getting on our nerves, so I said, "Go play in the rain!" They did. And then I got to clean up the mess and dry off the little ones when they came back in. I'm not sure it was worth it for the few minutes respite, but the kid's certainly seemed happy.
It's always fun when family comes to visit. It looks like fun was had by all.
ReplyDeleteEmily is getting so big now! And your hair looks really cute at that length.
Sweet. Your kids are getting so big. We sure miss you guys. How are you?
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun getting to be with you guys!!! I look forward to doing it again! I love you!
ReplyDelete