I, the slacker, have finally updated this Easter post. Sorry it took so long.
First - the prep work. Here are our children coloring eggs.

Saturday the ward had a breakfast and primary activities. Unfortunately, this is the only good picture we got.
We tried something new last year that the kids haven't stopped talking about, so we decided we had better do it again. Instead of having the baskets out on display, the Easter Bunny "hides" the baskets and they have to follow a series of clues to find them.
They had great fun running up and down the stairs following clues. This year, the baskets ended up in the guest bedroom.

Awful picture, I know, but somehow it is the only one I have of Emily.

Here's my handsome boy.

I was feeling inspired this year so I went out and bought ribbon to match the girl's dresses. I tied pretty bows to the baskets themselves, and I braided ribbon into their hair with bows at the bottom. My imagination was much grander than the end result, but I plead a lack of time as well. You'll notice that I never did get around to doing Emily's hair at all. 9am church isn't kind on Easter day, especially since I had to teach Relief Society so I was gathering last minute stuff for that too.

For some reason, the left side worked better for me than the right side. Maybe I just need more practice.

I'm glad we got at least a couple of pictures in the morning since by the time they got home from church their hair was thrashed. They enjoyed pigging out on candy the rest of the day (they get one free day to eat as much as they want before the candy gets put away).
And finally - the cute paper Isabelle brought home from school the day after Easter.

what a fun idea for school, so cute! Call me if you want to hang out over spring break!
ReplyDelete