Monday, February 2, 2009

The rare days...

When either my husband or I have a bad day, it's okay
because the other one is there to lift us back up
or to be understanding.
But when we both have a bad day, the same day...
we know we're in trouble.
Those are the rare days we have a disagreement.
No yelling, just talking, but the undertone is
filled with disgruntlement.
Those are the days we feel isolated and lonely.
Those are the days we fall asleep at night with our arms around
each other but a WALL of hurt between us.
Because even when you talk things out.
And even when apologies are given and accepted,
the hurt doesn't just dissipate in a moment.




(no "pick me up" comments necessary)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of the yelling. Actually, I tend to pick a fight when I'm cross. I definately hate it when Dan has a bad day though. It really throws me off.

    ReplyDelete