I think it's so funny what kids say when they don't get their way. For example, today Miriam was upset with me because she wanted cheesy tortillas instead of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So she started having a temper tantrum and threw a toy. I told her she had to go to the corner for throwing and the temper tantrum amplified. She started yelling. “I didn’t do anything. I didn’t do anything.” I said, “you threw a toy so you need a timeout.” “No! No! I didn’t do anything.” “You’re being a mean Mommy! Very very mean! You’re not obeying Jesus. Mommy, I said you’re not obeying Jesus and now he’s mad at you because you’re not obeying him.” “You’re a mean Mommy. Meaner than bad guys. Meaner than, than, lots of things.” In general she also repeats herself when she wants something I won't give her. She thinks if she says it enough times I'll change my mind (doesn't work). She also says, "I want to tell you something." But when you say, ok, then you can see her scrambling to come up with something to say.
When David doesn't get his way, he acts like he is destroyed. I must admit, I think his pouting is adorable. Secretly, sometimes I think about denying him something just so I can see his cuteness. Jonathan's family calls the lower lip sticking out a "landing pad for kisses." When David is upset at someone else, he comes to me for a "head rub." Yep, that's all it takes to make him happy. A 5-second head rub and off he runs back into the fray.
Isabelle is not so adorable when she's mad. Defiance is her trait with a set of narrowed eyes. And once she's mad at one person, she'll pick on whoever else happens to be nearby. Except Emily, whom she adores whole-heartedly. Can you guess my current tactic for getting Isabelle out of a bad mood? Yep, hand her Emily and ask her to keep her happy so I can get the dishes done.
So what funny things do your kids say or do when they're mad?
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment