Sunday, May 31, 2009

Isabelle's Birthday - May 16th

Isabelle has been sking for a birthday party for a couple of years, so I let her have one this year. She invited a few friends from school and a few from Church.
We started the party off with stump tug of war, followed by a lunch of hot dogs, fruit and chips. One of Isabelle's friends seemed mystified that I threw the plates and hot dog buns to each kid instead of handing them out. Her comment, "Isabelle, you have such a fun house!"

After lunch we played water games.
Isabelle's red team won the relay.
Afterwards there was a free for all with the water guns. Jonathan got into the action too and ended up drenched. There was also a treasure hunt with clues leading the kids all around the yard. They eventually found candy buried in the dirt.
The kids each drew pictures for Isabelle using sidewalk chalk. Some of them got quite into it. Here is our "Space Trio."
We ran out of time in the end and so we had to do the cake after the parents arrived to pick up their kids. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the cake. Isabelle designed it. There was a strawberry on the top in the middle (point down) and then strawberries sticking into the sides of the cake spaced evenly around it. It looked pretty cool. She was proud of her strawberry cake.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time, you are a fun mom! Thanks for inviting my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I feel like a slacker mom! You sure are the fun mom. I may have to steal your ideas.....

    ReplyDelete