So I've been debating this question a lot lately. Jonathan - never sick. He could probably count on one hand the number of times he has been sick in the almost 9 years we've been married. I, on the other hand, get sick often. Although the last two winters haven't been as bad as usual. Perhaps my immune system is finally strengthening up. Unfortunately, my body seems to be falling apart in other ways. My sliced finger in December with 3 stitches? The doctor said he'd never seen a cut like that heal so slowly. Um, yeah. That would be me.
So why the pondering now? 1 1/2 weeks ago I "wrenched my shoulder." Not too accurate, but it was the easiest way to describe it. After much pain and some forced rest, I've been diagnosed with costochondritis (inflammation of the cartilage connecting the sternum to the ribs). The upside is it isn't a big deal, and will heal on its own. The downside is it's painful, will only heal with enforced rest (what Mom can rest with 4 little ones?) and will take 4-8 weeks before the pain subsides, but may take up to a year. Arg. I can't not do stuff for 4-8 weeks! Are you kidding me? Only lots of books have kept me on the couch for the past 5 days (I did make it to church and a baptism). Come on, it's gardening time. I didn't get to garden last year because I was large with child. I want to plant my veggies this year. And we still have 20 yards of top soil to be distributed. And new foundation plantings. And mulching. And just way to many things on our to-do list to count... as usual.
So here I am grumbling. See? Grumble grumble, grumble... grumble, grumble. Let's hope grumbling on my blog will allow sufficient ventage so I don't have to grumble to my hubby. He has probably heard too much of it this week as it is. And that was when I thought it would be all better within the week. 4-8 weeks? Grumble... grumble.
Oh, and I was given a blessing in which I was told that it would heal completely with no permanent damage and that the speed of healing was contingent upon rest and prayer. So, if you, my friends and family wouldn't mind saying a quick prayer on my behalf, I would appreciate the added help in ensuring a quicker recovery. Thanks! :)
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago
:( So sorry to hear about your injury and forced rest! It's one thing to rest when you choose, but being forced to... and for so long... I can only imagine how frustrating that must be! Hang in there! You will be in our thoughts and prayers! We love and miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou could always hire some help. There is probably a young man in your ward that needs to earn money for his mission. Guys aren't so good at planting gardens but might be able to help with the mulching and such. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteBrave Kristy!! You can do it!
ReplyDeleteOk, it stinks. We hates it! Nasty, tricksy bodies! I guess I'll just have to come visit and help you. :D Miranda
Good luck. I am so sorry to hear about you injuries. We just read a good book called Mistborn. It is a 3 part series and would last you a while. I am only through book 1 so far, but if you are needing another book. Good luck- say hi to your family for us. and on the plus side, SYTYCD is starting in a couple weeks. :)
ReplyDelete