Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Goofy Boy

David's Birthday was Friday. As we were driving to Church today and passing all of the flowering trees, I remembered passing many of those same trees as they flowered 3 years ago as I drove back and forth to the hospital. David was only in NICU for 10 days, but it was a trying time for our family. I'm so grateful that my little boy came through just fine. I love his constant smile and sunny personality, his gentleness with Emily, his sense of humor, and his pure boyness. He loves dirt and trucks (and watching Little Einsteins). He is just such a joy in our home.





I asked him if he wanted cake or if he would rather eat ice cream. He said ice cream so I thought I was off the hook. But when his sisters greeted him in the morning with a Happy Birthday, he said "yeah, and I get cake!" Several times during the day he repeated it, so I figured I better come up with a cake of some sort fast. In the end I used a box of angel food cake with ice cream and a homemade caramel sauce. Luckily, it was a hit.



6 comments:

  1. He is a happy boy! What great photos of him. And how creative you were in your cake selection; I like angel food.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so cute! And great idea with the carmel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, David!

    I love the last two shots of David. What personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David is such a joy to have around! He brightens up the room when he walks into nursery! those pictures are great! Tell him Happy Birthday for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a doll! We thoroughly enjoyed him while we were out there. What darling pix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I can't believe he's 3! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete