The kids have really responded well to having a new baby in the house. We were afraid David might be jealous, but he hasn't been. Actually, he decided that if there was a new baby, then he was now a big boy like his sisters. So suddenly he refused to sit in the high chair anymore (we pulled out the booster seat). He also refused the toddler-size spoons, so we starting giving him regular silverware. He tried to refuse his bib, but I drew the line at that one. He is waaayyy to messy when he eats. It is really cute to see him suddenly become a big boy. I just wish it would extend to potty training, but whenever I ask him if he wants to sit on the toilet like his sisters he says, "nope!" Ah well, we can't have everything. I can tell he will be very protective of Emily when he is older. The first time she started seriously crying he kept pointing at her and running over to me to tap my leg. "Ba-ey cry-ee, Bae-ey cry-ee." He has always been very gentle when he pets her as well.
The kids did start fighting amongst each other more after the baby was born. Probably due to my being busy with her and not giving them the attention they need. I decided to have a family picnic on Saturday, June 14th in the hopes of generating family bonding. It turned out great and it did lessen the fighting the following week.
Jonathan laid down after eating and tried to fall asleep. David imitated him. It was adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment